- Dead Island: Riptide special collectible is sociopath fodder.
- In related news: Square Enix kills Hitman-themed assassinate-your-friends “game” after just a few hours.
- EA’s SimCity EULA includes a threat to ban players from all EA games for not reporting bugs. [Between recording and releasing the show, EA has backtracked and modified the EULA.]
- Jonathan has completed Mass Effect 2. He thinks maybe people complaining about Mass Effect 3′s ending simply forgot the endings of the first two games.
- Alex has found that very little is actually better with Kinect, but he refuses to simply disconnect it.
- Alex has also found that gamifying his life is awesome.
- Sam busts out a couple of big DLCs: Dragonborn for Skyrim, and Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt for Borderlands 2.
- Jonathan tries to get Sam to talk about Journey again, but Sam plays coy.
We’ve already discussed gamer entitlement before, but the guy who asked the White House to stop the distribution of the new Devil May Cry game isn’t entitled, he’s nuts.
The sentiment behind the petition, though, has gotten Alex thinking: when he complains about, say, Far Cry 3 diverging too much from Far Cry 2, is he a part of the problem? What exactly do we expect from our sequels, and what makes one “right” and another “wrong?”